Sunday, April 24, 2022

A Lifesaver During the Pandemic.

  • With COVID-19 in our midst my (our) daily walks in the Farm have been a lifesaver. I think this pandemic is making many realize how fortunate we are to have this jewel in our midst.
  • We are very fortunate to have the Farm in our city. We must do all we can to preserve this space. During the time of COVID-19 I have never seen the Farm so busy with people out walking. It creates a place of calm and that is extremely important now and moving forward.
  • This is the best agricultural display and open farm exhibit in all of Canada. Being able to appreciate where food comes from is so valuable especially through COVID-19.
  • The Farm is particularly important to me now during the COVID-19 pandemic as I do almost all my walking there. It has the space to get away from people and I really feel the need for nature. I feel like my mental health is failing because of the stress of the pandemic and my outings to the Farm really help. Thank you.
  • It's a amazing gem in this city, especially during this time of COVID-19 - lots of space to walk and avoid others.
  • This Farm needs to remain. COVID-19 has reminded us how fragile our world is and how the rich rape this earth to become richer. Research needs to continue. It is of the upmost importance if we are to continue to thrive in this world. We also need this rare space in the middle of the city to be able to get away...
  • The research conducted at the farm is very important to feeding our nation and securing trade with other countries. Just as COVID-19 has appeared, crops are also affected by new diseases. We need on-going research. The fact that the city has grown around the farm has provided the city with a natural Central Park. It is beautiful and provides a recreational space. It has also proven to also be important to filtering polluted air for the city. (Comments are from the Friends of the Farm newsletter, Winter 2021.)

No comments:

Post a Comment